Sunday, July 19, 2015

Three strategies

I do find myself communicating differently with people from different groups and cultures. Not everyone is on the same level of thinking, not everyone shares the same religion, not everyone lives in the same community to adapt to the same needs necessary. I find myself communicating appropriate to the matter, but that does not show the way I react. I act the same around everyone but i communicate differently.

To help me communicate more effectively:


  1. Consider asking more questions than you normally would, in order to clarify meaning and messages (Beebe, Beebe, & Redmond,2011).
  2. Learn as I interact with others and adjust my behavior as I learn (Beebe, Beebe, & Redmond, 2011).
  3. Be inside of someone else shoes and understand their perspective before I make judgement.
Reference

Beebe, S.A., Beebe, S.J., & Redmond, M.V. (2011). Interpersonal communication: Relating to others (6th ed.). Boston, MA: Allyn & Bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment