Saturday, July 11, 2015

Communication styles tv show

So one of the shows I absolutely hate is Bad Girls Club. I can not stand reality shows.

In this show a group of women are put into a house together to see their moderate behavior. This is a perfect show that shows lack of communication skills. There is so much rolling of the neck, eyes, head, snapping of the fingers and most of all physically fighting. Most of the time the women are not even talking, it seems they are yelling at one another and they are all doing it at the same time. They are not talking to one another they are talking at one another and over one another. It seems like physically fighting and doing mean things is the only way to solve anything. The only time I saw descent conversations was when they talked to their loved ones on the phone. Some were crying so I assumed they missed their loved one's or they don't want to be in that mansion full of women anymore.

I watched this show on mute and could tell what was clearly going on. Women are very sneaky and I feel some of them need drama in their lives to make it interesting. I noticed that there were some cliques, sideline girls and some just really minding there on business. I noticed that you could be minding your on business and the girls will pull something out of you to see your other side and to get you to join their team. Everyone seemed to be competing or something with one another. these women really need to treat themselves better.

I was very accurate about the communication skills in this show, there weren't any. The women were very disrespectful. No one listened to one another. To my colleagues, this a perfect example of what not to do.

3 comments:

  1. Kweshonte,
    I cannot stand reality shows either, particularly ones with a lot of shouting and drama. This show clearly demonstrated a perfect example of ineffective communication, because shouting is not communication. I feel that shows like this give women a bad name, because it makes it seem as though we are all sassy b*tches with attitudes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kweshonte,
    I enjoyed reading your post this week. I am glade that you were very accurate about the communication skill in this show. The body movement includes posture, gestures, and whole body movement can be used to reinforce what a person is saying. It provides information about the attitudes and emotion of a person. When we observe the body movement it may be able to perceive in behavior and use them as a clue what a person is really feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kweshonte,
    I used to love reality shows, but now they are so over the top that I don't think we get a true picture of each of the characters. I originally loved to watch Survivor to see how each person communicated their concerns, fears, and game strategy. Now those shows are all about how to be the most outrageous and I can't take it..

    ReplyDelete