Thursday, May 14, 2015

My family culture


The three things I would take with me in a situation like this to hold on to my culture would be
1.       Family photos
2.       Two of my favorite books
3.       A favorite family game

The family photos are something dearest that could never be replaced. Some memories are forgotten until we see them again on a photo. Photos can sometimes help us remember who we came from, who we are, or what we need to work on.

Two of my favorite books. They never get old to me. I have been reading them for years and they still bring me tear, laughter and joy. These books remind me of my family and how important family is.
A favorite family game because I want to carry on the tradition of family game night. Spending time with your family keeps your family together, game night allows us to socialize and discuss our feeling or what is going on in our personal life’s.

If I were told that I had to give up two personal items and just one was allowed It would hurt but it would not be hard. I would take my family photos because that is my story, my past, my life. New memories and game nights could be created. I can write down recipes to remember, I can rewrite stories I’ve read if I really get bored. But I think it would be exciting to learn a new culture.
From this assignment I have realized I do not really bring much of my past with me to a new town and their culture. I feel like we were created to adapt to our surroundings. It would be a fun journey rather it be permanent or temporary. We have our memories to keep us going.

Last week List is the same, but I would have to change “God fearing woman” to hesitation of religion or questionable faith.
·         Sensitive
·         A God fearing woman
·         Human
·         Blessed
·         Curious
·         Family oriented
·         At times insecure
·         Hesitant about my religion ( I love God but question the bible)
·         Independent
·         Developing self-love through my relationship


4 comments:

  1. Kweshonte,
    I too chose family photos as one of my items. Family memories are timeless, and we must hold on to them. I have pictures of me with my grandparents (Mom's parents) when I was little - whenever I look at them, it makes me think of all of the fun times I had at their house. I was glad that my mom was able to take me there while she was working instead of leaving me with a babysitter or at a daycare center. I will never have anymore pictures of or see any of my grandparents again, and it would be devastating to have to give them up, because I would lose that connection I had with my mom's parents. However, I still feel close to them even though they are gone, because they will never be forgotten. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kweshonte
    Family time is also important for me. Family is a big part of my life. You are a strong person hearing about how you adapt to new surroundings. I am not able adapt so easily and feel it would be extremely hard for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kweshonte, I also chose family photo album because the pictures holds our precious memories for many family members from infants to our elders. Pictures captures our proudest moments and accomplishments that have begun. I can also relate to our family games that my family and I share, and the bonding, socializing, and laughter never dies. I love your post Kweshonte thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kweshonte,
    I like your choice of family albums to take on your journey. Family is part of our life and the time we spend together is cherished with every passing moment of each and every day. Holding on to family memories is something that as human beings feel the need to do. Reminiscing through photographs bring back experiences that happened in our life that can be comforting in a foreign land. Great blog!
    Nydia

    ReplyDelete