Thursday, February 26, 2015

Goals

Learning about the programs through my international contact as inspired me to want to visit their country in Hong Kong and actually experience it for myself. This experience has allowed me to see childcare in a different way such as how much more they prepare their children for higher education and stern academic system. Their system does not allow too much play. But with their results the children are well advanced.

One of my goals is to actually teach overseas for a semester after getting more experience under my belt as an undergrad professor. My professional contact use to be my director for the public school district in MI and she invited me to teach over in Hong Kong. I am so excited about the offer and never thought about that opportunity. So I will definitely keep that in mind later on in my career.

2 comments:

  1. Kweshonte,
    That sounds like such an amazing opportunity. That really teaches us a lesson in that staying connected with other early childhood educators can open up many doors and open up possibilities that you never dreamed possible. I wish you the very best of luck with this endeavor. I hope we meet again in a future class at Walden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kweshonte,
    It is so grand how opportunities open up! My son has recently taken a position at the School of Nations in Macau Hong Kong. He is enjoying it very much. I hope that you are able to experience teaching in Hong Kong.
    Good Luck, Mary

    ReplyDelete