Saturday, August 8, 2015

Adjourning


I remember being apart of many groups during my undergrad studies. Some groups it was hard to adjourn and other groups it was a rejoice and wished it had come sooner. One group that I can remember in college was the black student delegates. I was the president of this group and I worked with two other guy colleagues. We had a blast organizing events fundraisers. As our group was growing our team was also slipping through the cracks. One of my colleagues started having issues with his family and then mentally. It was like he completely faded away. He was my back bone. The other guy stuck around briefly but the group became weak and eventually died off. I did not know what to do so I stopped worrying about it.
I used to think I wouldn't miss a group of colleagues that I have not met with. I just saw it as we are all taking classes for the same degree. I was wrong. I will adjourn from the group of colleagues in this program. The past two years we have grown to know one another and exchange thoughts and ideas. It felt like we were sitting next to one another in a classroom.

Closure is important in groups so adjourning has to be evident for a successful ending. Aajourning will open doors for opportunities in the future or simple make friends.

4 comments:

  1. Kweshonte
    I feel the same way about this group. It is amazing how connected you can feel to people that you have never met in person. I feel like adjuring this group will be bittersweet. It will be exciting to be done with our master’s program but I have learned so much and have enjoyed having a group of people that have similar goals that I am going to miss the conversations and exchanges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kweshonte,
    I agree that it is difficult to leave former colleagues knowing that you may never see them again. When groups fall apart, it is sometimes difficult for them to function without that one special person that held the group together. Even though we are in an online program, I still feel a connection with my colleagues, and I have learned so much from them each semester. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kweshonte,
    I enjoyed reading your sharing this week. When working together, it is important in order to share or exchange information, ideas, and point of view to one another. We are also committed to the idea of working together with the others and take action to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kweshonte,
    I am so glad that we have gotten to work together. Thank you for your input and insights on your discussions and blog posts. I know that you have added to my learning. I wish you the very best as you move closer to getting your degree. I know that you will further your career and advocate for all of the children and families that you touch.

    ReplyDelete